Attorney Profile for Patrick Anderson
Patrick was born and raised in Spartanburg, South Carolina, and is a partner at the law firm of Anderson, Moore, Bailey & Nowell, LLC. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communications from the University of South Carolina. Following college, Patrick worked in the real estate, advertising, and marketing fields before starting law school at the Charleston School of Law, where he received his Juris Doctor. After sitting for the bar exam he moved back home to Spartanburg to begin a Judicial Clerkship with Seventh Judicial Circuit Court Judge J. Mark Hayes. Upon completing his Judicial Clerkship for Judge Hayes, Patrick began work as an Assistant Solicitor for former Seventh Circuit Solicitor and current U.S. Congressman Trey Gowdy. Patrick’s initial case load focused on General Crimes, with cases ranging from forgery and property crimes to Assault and Battery with Intent to Kill.
Following the General Crimes case load, Patrick became the DUI prosecutor for the Seventh Judicial Circuit, which includes Spartanburg and Cherokee Counties. He was the DUI prosecutor for 3 years, and was responsible for both Magistrate level and Circuit Court level DUI charges. His case load ranged from DUI and Felony DUI to Failure to Stop for Blue Light and Habitual Traffic Offender. Patrick left the Solicitors Office in 2011 to go into private practice. He devotes the majority of his practice to defending clients charged with DUI, Felony DUI, Drug charges, and all criminal offenses. He also represents clients on divorce and custody matters, as well as general civil litigation.
Patrick’s lifetime ties to Spartanburg have given him extensive knowledge of the community and its people, and that lends itself well to representing his clients’ interests successfully. Patrick knows the area because he has lived here all his life. Patrick prides himself on being available whenever his clients need him. Whether it is before a court date, or after a case is resolved, he strives to ensure his clients get the best results, and is there to guide them through every step of the process.
- South Carolina, 2007 – Present
- DUI Prosecutor for the Seventh Judicial Circuit (Spartanburg and Cherokee Counties) 2008 – 2011 / Seventh Circuit Solicitor’s Office, Spartanburg, SC
- Law Clerk to the Honorable J. Mark Hayes, Circuit Court Judge, Seventh Judicial Circuit, Spartanburg SC; 2007 – 2008
- Summer Law Clerk for Judge Henry F. Floyd, United States District Court for the District of South Carolina, Spartanburg, SC; 2005
- Charleston School of Law, Charleston, South Carolina; Juris Doctor 2007, Honors: Deans List
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina; Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communications, Major, Advertising; Minor, Film Studies, 2002.
- Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office Wet Lab for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Standardized Field Sobriety Test Training: Training Participant
- Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office Traffic Training Seminar; DUI Case Law Presenter
- South Carolina Magistrates Intensive Training Seminar, Columbia, SC; DUI from the Prosecution Perspective
- South Carolina Commission on Prosecution Coordination’s Prosecuting the Impaired Driver Seminar, Anderson, SC: DUI from the Defense Perspective
- 2013 Spartanburg County Bar Association’s C. Bruce Littlejohn Young Lawyer of the Year
- Leadership Spartanburg, 2014 Graduate
- Hub City Hog Fest, Founding Board Member